Equality & Diversity
Costley & Partners is committed to or policies of equality and diversity in all our professional dealings including; clients, applicants; employees, counsel, experts etc. All receive equal treatment regardless of nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex (gender) and sexual orientation.
Costley & Partners complies strictly with the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority requirements. Our Equlaity and Diversity Policy is sumarrised below.
The Firm is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity within our policies, practices and procedures, and Firm. Mr. A. Costley is the designated appointee, responsible for equality and diversity.
This applies to our professional dealings with clients, staff and Partners, other solicitors, barristers, and third parties shall treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of age; disability; gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation; pregnancy or maternity; caring responsibility.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that we and our staff do not unlawfully discriminate under :
• the Equal pay Act 1970
• the Sex Discrimination Act 1975
• the Race Relations Act 1976
• the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
• the Employment Rights Act 1996
• the Equality Act 2010
• the Human Rights Act 1998
• the Part-Time Workers (Prevention of Less Favorable Treatment) regulations 2000
• the Fixed-Term Employees (Prevention of Less Favorable Treatment) regulations
• the Employment Equality (sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
• the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief Act) Regulations 2003
• the Work and Families Act 2006
• the Employment Equality (age) Regulations 2006 and
• any other relevant legislation in force from time to time relating to discrimination in employment and the provision of goods, facilities or services.